Today has definitely been the best day after the birth of my son:
- We found a place to move to in Idaho
- We’re going to get DSL
- My phone bill was reduced by 25% per month
- I got Half-Life and CounterStrike working under WINE
- I had the best game of poker in my life, one game lasted 4 hrs 30 mins with a $240 pot for the winner, I came in second so broke even but it was incredible – I laid the smack down on three pretty awesome players
I really don’t think it gets much better than that. Thank you, and good night!
Jaedan was born at 13:41 PST on Feb 14th 2006, by caesarian section. Mother and child are both home and doing well 🙂
Pictures available here.
Could I be any lazier?
life has been getting increasingly chaotic over the last 12 months. Fortunately my ability to cope has increased at the same time. A quick run down of events from the last 12 months:
- Family moved from Oldtown, ID to Priest River, ID
- Family moved from Priest River, ID to Laclede, ID
- We’re expecting another baby boy in the next few months
- I moved from Los Angeles, CA to Mountain View, CA
- Left EarthLink for a much better job while allows me to see the sun (sometimes)
I’m sure much more has happened that I just can’t think of right now…
I did just return from a trip to Toronto. It’s very cold there, with at least a foot of snow almost everywhere I went. Contrary to popular belief, Canadians have several redeeming qualities:
- The courts make SENSE; they stated clearly the P2P technology is not illegal even if it’s used to infringe on copyright, and last week ruled that “sex clubs” so no harm any of the consenting persons who frequesnt them and should be allowed. This completely throws out the notion of “social acceptable”, which IMNSHO is an out dated ideal anyway. Down with social rule, up with individal freedom!
- The Canadians are a very friendly bunch, I had an absolute blast. They’re about as friendly as I’ve seen people, without being sickeningly jolly.
- They say cool things like “It’s the fuzz! Cheese it!”
Bug has been very playful with my most of the day, he even trie to wake me up for dinner 🙂 I’m glad I’m going to be here for a while.
It’s been about a month since my last blog entry. Since then I’ve started working two extra jobs to try and help ends meet. It’s a lot of work, but I don’t mind it too much as we need the money right now.. too many expenses!
I’ve also been looking around for studio apartments in Burbank. Hopefuly I can find something nice near the airport for around $500 a month. That would be pretty nice.
Bug’s first birthday is this Saturday, I’ve taken all my vacation time so I can be here for the next week and a half. I’m concerned he’s forgetting who I am 🙁 I wish I could find some work up here, but it’s really difficult trying to do anything.
Brandy suggested that I work with Josh. Maybe I could do that, with the contract work I could make some money, but probably still much less than I make now, and probably not enough for us to live on. I guess we’ll see what happens 🙁
I’m up in Idaho again this weekend. Bug is sitting next to me on the bed. He’s playing with a Leapfrog piano. He’s learnt that pushing the buttons turns on the music. I feel so proud 🙂
I got back from Idaho last week. Kept meaning to write something here, but didn’t get around to it. I just know Joseph’s going to grow up an I’m going to miss it 🙁
I miss the simple life. I just have too much to do here, and I’m not getting anywhere. A character on a TV show was talking about the challenges of life and said:
“It should be hard. I like it when it’s hard. But it shouldn’t be this difficult.”
It sucks here.
That it all.
Damn, what a morning. It started off busy, picked up in the middle and then just fell apart at the end.
Thank God it’s time to go home. I’m outta here!
Need to spend as much time as I can with Bug 🙂
Before I went to sleep last night, I watched Bug, probably for a good 5 minutes.
It amazed me that something so perfect could come from me. I think I’m going to stay amazed, at least for a while. Hmmmmm.
I’m so tired today. I stayed up too late and had no energy. I did get to play with Bug for most of the evening. It’s te most time we’ve spent together in a while. Was very nice 🙂
I’m going to miss him so much.
Another busy morning. Kevinb left for his Africa Adventure today, so we’re down a man for the next month. Plus with me going to Idaho for a week people here are going to be stretched quiet thing this month.
I’m sure it’ll be over soon
I’m not looking forward to Brandy and the kids moving away, at all. In fact it’s damn depressing 🙁 I hope Joseph doesn’t forget me too quickly. That’s going to be hard.
I’m trying to spend as much time with him as I can now. I’ll just have to find some way to keep myself occupied while I’m alone. Let’s see….
- Star Trek episodes
- Star Gate episodes
- Seeing everyone on the webcam (damn, I must set that up..)
- Writing more papers
- Working on my software
- Working on the forum hosting
- I need more episodes…..
That should keep me going for a while I think 🙂